Skip to content
CHECK OUT OUR NEW JANUARY MIXED CASES
CHECK OUT OUR NEW JANUARY MIXED CASES

Chateau Negly La Falaise 2017 Langudeoc La Clape

Original price £24.60 - Original price £24.60
Original price
£24.60
£24.60 - £24.60
Current price £24.60

La Falaise (available in small quantities) is a sensational, rich, joyous wine with enormous concentration and complexity. It is a blend of low yielding, late picked 50% Syrah (sorted berry-by-berry), 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvèdre, destemmed and traditionally fermented with a 45-60 day cuvaison and matured for 12 months in a combination of demi-muids (Grenache) and barrique (Syrah, 50% new) and bottled unfined and unfiltered. Impressive, rich, succulent wine.

This is world-class Coteaux du Languedoc Rouge from Chateau de la Negly, situated in the la Clape region, near to Narbonne and overlooking the Mediterranean.

Jean Paux-Rosset tried to take over his family estate at Negly over twenty-five years ago, realising it had amazing potential for producing great wines. Sadly, his family felt otherwise, so he became something of a local Del-Boy until, about fifteen years ago, his parents let him take the helm.

With the help of hyper-talented local oenologist, Claude Gros, Jean Paux-Rosset embarked on a gradual campaign of re-planting and viticultural management that would turn this 50-hectare property in to one of the finest quality producers in the Languedoc.

Drink Drink now

Foods Beef, Game, Cheese

Dryness Dry

Body Medium Bodied

Colour dark plum

Grapes Grenache, Syrah, Carignan, Mourvedre

Region Languedoc, France

Producer Chateau de la Negly

Vintage 2017

Sulphites Contains Sulphites