How Do You Like Your Rosé ?
Now the summer weather is (almost) approaching, we thought we would select a few from the wide range of rosés available through our website. From the palest to the salmon pinks, to the raspberry pinks down to the most strawberry filled rosé champagne. All of these are classed as 'dry' apart from the Anjou which leans towards 'off-dry'.
1. Surprisingly our palest rosé selected was the Lopez de Haro Rioja Rosado 2021. Despite its colour this is an intense rosé nose with red fruits to the fore, with hints of banana and some floral notes. The mouthfeel is silky and pleasant, with great balance, resulting in being both simultaneously fresh and fruity. £10.55
2. Secondly the Château de Cavalier Rosé 2021 from the Côtes de Provence. Highly rated by James Suckling, this is an opulent blend of Grenache, Syrah, Rolle, Cinsault, Sémillon, Cabernet-Sauvignon. Lovely citrus and red fruits with spicy aromas and a floral palate with an aromatic finish. Delicious ! £15.80
3. Close behind was the Domaine des Essarts Anjou Rosé 2021 This is deliciously fresh but leaning towards the off-dry with a clean strawberry fruit that is perfectly balanced. £10.96
4. Muga Rosado 2021, another Rioja rosé with perhaps a little more colour than the Lopez, comes in 4th. From one of the oldest and most respected Rioja Bodegas this dry Rosado offers elegance, good weight and a touch of spice from Garnacha, Tempranillo and Viura grapes. £13.80
5. Les Terrasses d'Ardeche Grenache/Merlot One of our house rosés that always seems to go down well. Fresh, vibrant and fruity it makes the ideal every day glass of rosé (and very good with food !) £7.90
6. Château d'Oupia Minervois 2021 There is something quintessential about the association between the Languedoc and crisp, refreshing rosés. Maybe it's the thought of soaking up all that lovely southern french sunshine whilst on holiday without a care in the world. Fresh, lively and full of strawberry fruitiness. £10.86
7. Barley sugar pink with creamy berry fruit and a touch of spice Massaya Rose 2021 from Lebanon is an ideal wine with food. £17.48
8. Fresh, pale salmon-pink colour, aromatics of spring flowers and ripe red berries and crisp, lifted strawberry fruit on the palate which lingers for a long time. Perfect summertime drinking made from the Gamay grape. Le Rosé 2022 Château de Vaux, Beaujolais £13.70
9. Champagne Gremillet Rosé Brut NV has a gorgeous dry strawberry filled fruitiness. Despite the darkest of our rosés it is still remarkably dry and lusciously aromatic. £33.75