The Top 10 Champagne of All Time: A Guide for Champagne Lovers
Champagne Guide for Champagne Lovers!If you are a true champagne lover, you would know that not all champagne is the same. Each champagne has its unique blend of flavours, aromas, and tasting notes that make it stand out. With so many champagne options out there, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. However, worry not, we have curated the top 10 Champagne of all time to help you out. So, grab a glass, and let’s dive into the world of champagne!
1) Dom Perignon Vintage 1998: This champagne is a classic from one of the most well-known champagne houses, Dom Perignon. It is a smooth blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, with a complex flavour profile of honey, brioche, and citrus. It is perfect for a special occasion or a romantic evening.
2) Krug Grande Cuvee: This bubbly is a blend of more than 100 wines from different vintages, making it a unique and complex wine. It has a deep golden colour, and it is rich in flavour with hints of nuts, brioche, and honey. It is best paired with seafood or poultry dishes.
3) Roederer Cristal: The iconic Roederer Cristal champagne is made with Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes from the most exceptional vineyards. It has a delicate balance of fruitiness and acidity, with notes of almonds, lemon, and white flowers. It is perfect for celebratory occasions.
4) Salon Le Mesnil: This champagne is produced from the Grand Cru vineyard, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger. It has a pale golden colour and is bursting with flavours of apples, pears, and citrus. It pairs well with appetizers and light meals.
5) Bollinger RD: Bollinger RD (Récemment Dégorgé) is a vintage champagne of exceptional quality, made from the best Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes. It has a rich, smoky flavour with hints of apples, pears, and brioche. It goes well with rich and savoury dishes.
6) Taittinger Comtes de Champagne: This is the flagship champagne from Taittinger, and it is one of the best Blanc de Blancs champagne on the market. It is elegant, fresh, and full-bodied, with flavours of citrus, white flowers, and brioche. It pairs well with seafood and creamy dishes.
7) Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle: This champagne is a blend of the best vintages and the best grapes from twelve of the most prestigious grand cru vineyards. It has a delicate, floral flavour with hints of honey, apricot, and brioche. It goes well with light dishes and desserts.
8) Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame: This champagne is named after the founder of Veuve Clicquot, Madame Clicquot. It is made with the finest fruit of the Champagne region and aged in oak barrels. It has a vibrant and complex flavour, with notes of pear, apple, and honey. It pairs well with rich seafood dishes.
9) Ruinart Blanc de Blancs: This champagne is made exclusively from Chardonnay grapes, and it is one of the best Blanc de Blancs on the market. It has a light, fresh, and delicate flavour, with notes of peach, apricot, and almonds. It goes well with light seafood dishes and salads.
10) Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill: This champagne is made in honour of the famous British Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, who was a fan of Pol Roger champagne. It is a powerful and full-bodied wine, with flavours of caramel, nuts, and toasted bread. It pairs well with rich and savoury dishes.
If you are looking for the best champagne to celebrate a special occasion or just indulge yourself, you can't go wrong with any of the ten champagnes on this list. These champagnes are renowned for their unique flavours, aromas, and character, making them stand out from the rest. Pop the cork, and enjoy the enchanting world of champagne!